Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I wish I had a dozen of these

I wish I had a dozen of these patterns to sell. I had two without envelopes from a huge box of patterns I bought in Scranton. Come to find out, they're one of the most in demand patterns on the Internet. Who knew?

My price for the pattern without envelope was 20.00 so I'm assuming a complete pattern would be a whole lot more. They were snapped up at 20.00, let me tell you.

It really is a lovely pattern. This is not a costume. It's a fully lined, well constructed men's suit jacket. If you're in the theater costuming business or if you just need something authentic from a mythic era, I can see why this pattern would be something you just had to have.

Sadly, the picture does not show love beads. True, the one guy has a medallion, but love beads were really an important part of this outfit.

For one of the wildest Nehru jacket experiences ever, watch Peter Sellers in "The Party" from 1968. "Birdie, birdie, num, num." Way, way, funny.

3 comments:

  1. I am looking for the instructions that come with pattern. I lost mine. I have the pattern. It's in bad condition but I am making my own from the pattern that I already have. If you can find it for me I can make a good copy of the pattern for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking for the instructions that come with pattern. I lost mine. I have the pattern. It's in bad condition but I am making my own from the pattern that I already have. If you can find it for me I can make a good copy of the pattern for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a copy of the instructions I can send you if you're still looking in 2020/2021?

    ReplyDelete